Festiva 4 speed into my 95 Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva 4 speed into my 95 Aspire

ok, my tranny died in my 95 aspire, and I found a good deal on a 4 speed festiva one, thanks to Dragoneddy , and I am wondering if festiva and aspires have the same spline count and if the mounts will bolt up to the different cases. any help would be greatly appreciated,

Aaron
    missin my 88 LX 4speed
    95 aspire black soon to become less stock :twisted:

if the aspire tranny will go into the festiva, i would imagine Vic versa is possible

-wes
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

you have seen this done? was there any mount fabrication involved? or just a bolt in swap?

Aaron
      missin my 88 LX 4speed

Comment

same trans, minus the 5th gear.

Comment

For whatever it is worth to you - I just put a 4 speed in my 93 festiva which originally had a 5 speed (input shaft bearings went bad). Not at all a problem. I remember reading somewhere that the final drive ratios are a little different (festivas are lighter) and of course you won't have the 5th gear (overdrive). Best way to work getting it in and out is to remove the battery and the battery tray and the distributor cap. Then go at it. (unbolt everything- starter, clutch cable, engine to trans bolts (4-17 mm and 4-10 mm, also 2-14 mm) and unhook your wires). Underneath you'll need to undo the control arms at the ball joints (to pull the axles) and pull the axles, drop the sway bar (the 2 bolt mount- each side), undo the linkage, speedometer cable, then drop the cross-member. I had mine out in about an hour. Not at all a bad job. The trans only weighs about 60 pounds.
          Reverse to put back in. For some reason took me about 1.5 hours to put back together - might have been a beer break in there some where - ha ha.

Comment

yeah I have the dealer helm manual, I do engine swaps and tranny swaps all the time, I was just wondering if the shafts are the same, I have been told they are, so I guess I will have a "rare" 4 speed aspire now :twisted: lol maybe it will be more durable than the 5 speed it had, the aspire ones aren't as good as the festiva ones.
            missin my 88 LX 4speed

Comment

Working...
            X