RESTORE oil additive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESTORE oil additive

I have used restore my last few oil changes, and it took the knocking sound out of it. I was wondering if it will give me problems down the road?

Yes.

It's just a REALLY thick oil additive that will gum stuff up.

Basically, the reason the tick went away from your HLA is because the restore gets thin when warm (like all oils) and flow into the HLA. When the engine cools the oil thickens and the restore gets too thick to come out of the tiny little hole in the HLA.

If you live in a cold climate you're doing a lot of damage. If you live in a warm climate you're doing a moderate amount of damage.

www.auto-rx.com cleaned my HLA and they worked fine until winter hit. Then I replaced them. Even AMSOIL's 0w30 wasn't helping me build oil pressure there fast enough to stop them.

I recommend changing your oil today. If you live somewhere above freezing temps then use Rotella T 10w30. It comes in a one gallon jug even! If you live in a cold climate use Rotella synthetic 5w40. The superior cleaning abilities of diesel rated oil will help remove all that crap you've been pouring into your engine and might clean up your HLA enough over the course of 5k to 20k miles that you won't need to replace them.
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Restore

I believe restore is the reason my engine failed in my 83 econoline van. We were adding it trying make the newer engine we put in it last longer, but it just started blowing smoke everytime I let off the gas.

Logan

Comment

hla

what does hla stand for?

Comment

HLA=Hydraulic Lash Adjuster. In old school terms-lifter.

Abe
          Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

Working...
          X