gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauges

where did you get your cluster? what year is it? mines an 89 l and i need a tach so how much you pay also?
    i own
    1987 honda prelude (Ronda)
    and recently a
    1989 ford festiva (beast)

got mine from a secret source. if i told you, i'd have to kill you. :lol: the guy originally told me $25. when i got there he said he'd give it to me for $20. deal of a life time. my cars a 91 L. dont know what year the cluster is from
    5 Festys and counting!!
    1993 GL auto 126,000mi
    1991 red 5-speed B6T G25 swap in progress 255,000mi
    1990 white 5-speed/Aspire swap daily driver 273,000 mi.
    1989 silver 4-speed parts car
    1989 white auto El Festivo
    1992 Chevy Silverado K1500 soon to have 383 stroker
    1999 Mercury Sable
    1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Supercharged For Sale

Comment

88-89 LX's had tach clusters with the correct orange lettering. 90 had white lettering, 91-93 cars didn't have tach as an option but they go right in.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

They show up rather often on E-Bay. I got one there. Be careful though because some have a check engine light and some don't. The one I got didn't have the little icon for check engine even though it was wired-up. I winded up taking the whole thing apart and removing the paint on the backside so I could see if the light comes on. To prevent this headache, you should probably stick with one out of a Fuel Injected car. The displays with the tach are much nicer. They are back-lighted and display better at night. There are two basic flavors - Orange and White. Again, I got an orange one, but knowing what I know now, I would have gotten a white one. (I think all the whites one have the check engine ICON.)
        Bottom Line - in my humble opinion - Best choice is the white lettering one. May cost a little more but you'll be happier in the long run. Also, when you get it, you'll need to re-route you're speedo cable over about 2 inches. After that it is all plug and play. Very easy swap. The hardest thing was reaching behind to unsnap the speedo cable (small hands help).
        Good Luck!

Comment

My orange lettered has the check engine light.

Comment

Yep - You are correct - Some orange lettered clusters do have it. The one I got did not have it. I'm just trying to warn the guy so he doesn't have to go through all the hassle I did with taking it apart and removing the paint so the light could be seen. I think mine came from a 88 carburated car - (not sure though. Got it on E-bay.)

Comment

Originally posted by roycehof
              The hardest thing was reaching behind to unsnap the speedo cable (small hands help).
              Good Luck!
              This is easy if you unscrew the cable at the tranny, then you can pull the speedometer out further!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

I have big hands and can undo any Festiva speedo cable in less than 2 mins without pulling it from the trans.. But then again, I've had lots of practice..

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                  I have big hands and can undo any Festiva speedo cable in less than 2 mins without pulling it from the trans.. But then again, I've had lots of practice..
                  but then us actual technicians use our shorty 19MM Snap-On wrenches to unscrew them in less time :shock:

Comment

Working...
                  X