EGR TSB on a 96 aspire, funny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR TSB on a 96 aspire, funny.

I finished getting my exemption stickers on my aspire, and part of the process kicked up the relivant TSB's....

one said in effect, there are problems with the check engine light staying on and giving an EGR code. the problem in this tsb is...

sit down this is a riot...

when they milled the heads they didnt wash out the sand enogh and it has been found to clog the EGR valve port. reccomendation?
    replace the head.
    not a recall mind you... they tell you to fix it yourself by replacing the head.
    oh.. just that cheap and easy eh? thanks ford! :lol:

anyone ever trip on this and do you clean the EGR port out (can you even)? did it fix the check engine light?

i think if its their eror and it keeps the thing from pasing the emission testing, they should fix the friggn thing for free dont you??

keep in mind, tsb's are primarily for dealer techs, and usually apply to cars under warranty. also, a certain percentage of manufactured vehicles need to be affected to warrant a recall. I remember that tsb, and never saw a single one that required head replacement. The aspire was one of our better selling cars, too (at that dealer).
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I wrote a "how-to" in the article section about cleaning EGR valves.

It's something everyone should do once in a while. Ford's modular V8s get clogged a lot, so that's why I did it to my aspire.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
      X