won't idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't idle

I hava a efi auto festy that had the head gasket and head replaced and it won't stay running. this is how I got the car. I couldn't find a search option for the forum so any suggestion where to start.

also where is the iac valve located on these, I'm thinking it may just be a sensor like the tps or something along those lines
    thx

As you look at the throttle bottle, there is a little rubber plug to the right.
    Remove that plug and there is a screw for setting the idle air (Bypass air).
    Unscrew it to add more air, screw it in to decrease the air. Sounds to me like you need to screw it out. Don't mess with the other settings on the throttle body. They should never need adjustment.
    Good Luck!

Comment

thx will try that

Comment

It's usually a loose or a falling off or cracked vacuum line when they run good but won't idle.

Comment

check the tube between the air cleaner and throttle body, all hose clamps MUST be tight and make sure there is absolutely no holes in it

Comment

thx guys been busy i'm gonna try to get to it tonight. can't wait to hear it run on it's own.

Comment

or if the timing belt is off mark it won't start either.

Bad ecu, bad VAF, faulty hoses/connections, idle screw, TPS and timing belt are the issues at hand. Check those out
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
              X