Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost my festiva key, any suggestions?

Hello,
    Well i lost my festiva key for a 93, red festiva. What should i do? Will a lock smith be able to give me a new key? I m fine for a car now. I have a 92 standard festiva... but i would like to work on my automatic this winter... if you have any suggestions please let me know.

You might be able to take the hatch off and take it to the locksmith and save some money, maybe not.

Comment

You could try the other cars key and see if it works (alot of Festiva's seem to "share" there keys my 2 start each other). Or you could watch Ebay for a lock set. And finally you could post a wanted add in our forum for a lock set with keys. There are a few people here with several parts cars.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

IIRC, pull the passenger side door lock and take it to a locksmith.. The coding numbers are on it and they can make a new key from it.

Call them before you pull the lock, they will tell you for sure.. 2 of my non Festivas were this way.. 92 Toyota and 64 Chevy van..

Comment

I have a whole key ring full of festiva keys i have been collecting from the juk yard....if you want i'll dub you some copies, and send them 2 you.

worth a shot..
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

before you get a new key made defintely see if the one from the other car will start it. I know the one from my blue car will crank both my festies
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

yeah I have 1 key for 3 Festivas..

Comment

i have one key for 2 festivas.

Comment

A guy told me that all festivas have the same key pattern. See if someone local has a festiva and try it out. If it works make a copy.
                  91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                  00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                  88 gtx
                  74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

one time i locked my keys in the car, the key from my parts car opened the door and saved my butt, i tried it a second time just to see if it would do it again and it wouldn't open it a second time....... weird

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well one time I used a nail clipper file to unlock the car door, just wiggled it around alittle while twisting gentaly, silly car.

Logan

Comment

If all else fails Festiva Motorsport had new lock sets in stock, included ignition, doors, hatch, and gas door.
                        Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

I used to be able to interchange the keys from my Saturn with my Chev Astro work van. Odd.

Comment

Hey thanks everyone for the replys, 24horseplay, how much does that set cost....? also the first thing i tried was my other cars keys and they didn't work. I will try a lock smith, and get back to u guyz i may call in some help. thanks

Comment

I am not sure what it cost. your best bet would be to call. Here is the number (410) 381-4660
                              Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X