Festiva vs Aspire fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva vs Aspire fuel pump

They both use the same gas tank but they have different part numbers for the fuel pump. The Aspire's fuel pump looks a little bigger is the only thing I can see. Anybody know the difference between the two and if the a Festiva pump will work on a Aspire?
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

have you tried calling a parts house to see if they use the same aftermarket fuel pump?

Comment

I compared the part numbers on rockauto and partsamerica and they have different numbers. But on festivamotorsports websites replacement pump has the same part numbers. I have a spare festiva pump I just have to remove it which if it doesn't work I really don't want to go through the trouble.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

you know they are very easy to replace and my guess it would work

Comment

It was actually fairly easy to remove.. besides having to drill out two of the screws. I think i'll try it... shouldn't hurt anything.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

if there is a problem, it should be at high RPM and it will feel like a restrictor plate

can't remember if aspires have rev limiters

Comment

I actually have a Aspire fuel pump in my 90L right now along with the Aspire gas tank. It will fit and work but the wires that attach to the car harness are different. the wires can be switched over to plug right in. It has been awhile since I've done it and had no problems. Have any more questions just ask
              Paul
              91GL
              Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

So the gas gauge works no problems? Putting the other end sounds easy enough. How did the colors line up?
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Yes the fuel gage works fine the sending units and the top plates are the same. If I recall right I had to free the plastic plug from the top of the cover plate by bending the metal away from it then put the wiring from the Festiva pump and cover onto the Aspire pump and cover and re secured it. Its kinda hard to explain without actually looking at it but once you get them out side by side its easy to see what needs to be done
                  Paul
                  91GL
                  Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Aspire - Festiva
                    Green/Yellow - Black/White
                    Green - Black
                    Yellow - Red
                    Black/Yellow - Yellow
                    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...