Look at What This Idiot Did!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at What This Idiot Did!

:evil: I get ready to finally pick up my festiva, I've been getting all the parts in the world for this car, aspire swap. MX3 engine, you name it. I get there and he tells me there's been a problem. This clown has an accident in my car. Although he has been given a down payment for it and should not be driving it in the first place. I am f*^&*^* p^**ed right now. Guys tell me this can be fixed:

how did he do that without messing up the door??

anything can be fixed, with a good bodyman of course

and why does the paint not match between the quarter and door?

Comment

I did say idiot. He tried to fix it himself although he has never done body work a day in his life. Just stupid!

Comment

was this guy from an actual shop??

or just a shade tree mechanic??

Comment

The owner of the car. I had given him a down payment told him I would pick it up this week. He takes it out with one of those little trailers attached. The trailer detached and swings around and hits the car. Then he tells me it was a lot worse until he pushed the dent out. He should not have been driving it in the first place. When someone give me a down payment on something I no longer use it.

Comment

that is just ethics and doesn't apply to everyone with less than an half of brain

Comment

Get your money back. That is not what you agreed to buy.

Jim

Comment

I got estimates from two body shops on a cost for repair. They both to me $500-$600 dollars. I was only going to pay $500 for the car before this crap! Festiva's are getting hard to find especially one with an automatic tranny. I thought about the following option.

Offer the guy $200 for the car. See if I can get the body shop to fix it for $500. Take the 300 I was going to give him and put it on the repair. Even if that works I'm still out of an extra $200, but I will have my 93 Festiva. Let me know what you guys think about this.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me with an S5 rx7, my brothers friend had bought it and realized being non turbo he didnt really have anything special - it was super clean and he was basically asking half of what it was worth - I was away at school but had sent my brother the money to buy it via western union having seen the pics , the day it was supposed to be picked up - my brother called me and said that the night before the kid had taken it to some parking lot to beat on it one last time, he thought he was some kind of drift champion and slid into one the the concrete pillars that holds the lamp post up - totalled the car.....I was pissed.

I would def. offer him less than what you had before - he shouldnt have been driving it.

Comment

Originally posted by carbed88
                    I would def. offer him less than what you had before - he shouldnt have been driving it.
                    i agree

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well guys I closed the deal on this car. The guy agreed to take $200 for the car and I will get it repaired. He informed me that he was truly sorry about the accident and asked me if I wanted to go through some of the extra parts he had in the garage for extra parts. Since he no longer has a festiva (He had 2) he told me to take anything I saw. Now today is my lucky day. I took harnesses, lights, and then I saw her, sitting in a box like she was waiting on me. INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WITH TACH WITH WHITE GUAGES. TOUCHDOWN!!! Yes there she was and we were meant to be together. I guess it does pay to work things out. Well at least sometimes anyway.

Comment

Good hit, you earned it.

Comment

So do you want me to come over and total your festiva and see what else you get?

Comment

Awesome ...Yes touchdown , good find in there .
                            Sounds like it worked out
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
                              keeper of The Brave Little Toaster and Bizarre

Comment

Working...
                              X