My Summer Festiva Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Summer Festiva Project

This summer my friends and I are going to purchase a Ford Festiva, and pimp it out, and eventually sell it on Ebay. We don't want to spend a whole lot of cash on the project. This is the list of parts we need, so if you know a cheap way or place to get them let me know

Spoiler
    Spinners or Wheels
    Exaust Tip
    Neon Underglow
    Removal of Rear Seats
    Lowering Kit
    Hood Scoops
    Shag Carpet

we are planning to put make it a limish-green with black accents on the interior. Please let me know if I need anything specially made because of the small nature of the Festiva. Thanks for your help

-Bandetto-

Wecome to the forum.

It's tough to make money on a car. I'll bet everyone on this site that put money and time to build their car will never come close to breaking even if they sell. Add up the costs on all that you plan on doing and search this forum, the old forum and all ebay auctions (current and ended) and none of the sale prices will be close to what you'll have in the car when done. An example is that there is a turbo festiva for sale now and now way could you could duplicate it for his asking price and no bites yet.

Best to build a car the way you want and keep it.

Some costs to expect of the items you need:
    Roof spoiler - $100
    Spinners or Wheels - $400+
    Lowering Kit - $400 (springs and new struts) + $60 alignment
    Hood Scoops ?
    Shag Carpet $190 (this is what my carpet cost)
    paint and paint materials - $600+

good luck on your project. Keep checking the fore sale forum and ebay for deals, they come around every now and then.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Thanks for the tips but were looking more to have fun and have a good experience in fixing up a car.

Comment

The Festiva is a great investment. They are virtually indestrucible (barring accidents and people leaning on them), run forever, and are really fun to drive. Plus you get excellent gas mileage - I usually get about 300 miles between $17 fill-ups...

I'm sure most, if not all, of us have sunk waaaaaay more into our beloved Festivas than what we paid for them.

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Tim said:

"I'm sure most, if not all, of us have sunk waaaaaay more into our beloved Festivas than what we paid for them."

I know I have. I estimate I spent at least $1100 to swap suspensions on my '89L a couple years ago. That included a hundred bucks for two guys with an air wrench and a torch to take off my control arms, and a buncha money to ProCare to finish up my brakes (one new line, new fluid, fluid flush, etc.). Also, it includes the alignment and hubcentric rings for my VW alloys to center them on the hubs.

To be fair, that same ProCare wanted $700 to redo my stock Festiva brakes.

I think my next suspension swap won't be as costly. I think I can do it all myself now, and my '93GL is not as rusted out as my old one. Plus I now have my own garage and a lot less pressure to just get it done quickly.

I've lost my fear of bleeding brake lines, and taking apart rear drum brakes, too.

Learning can be expensive, though! I went through much the same turmoil when I built my first 10 speed bike (does that date me?) back when I was 14.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
            Tim said:
            I've lost my fear of bleeding brake lines, and taking apart rear drum brakes, too.
            I bought a vacuum brake bleeder and used it on the festiva. Worked really well. You can get them for $30 and up. It was the 1st time I ever used one of those. Saved a lot of time bleeding the brakes and now I don't have to find someone to help.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I'll have to try that. I only used a little cheap one person bleeder thingy, which was kind of tedious.

When I sell my condo and get "solvent," I will be buying all kinds of neat car tools.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Friends and little brothers are handy when you bleed the brakes yourself...

:lol:

Regards,

Tim
                White '89L auto - Sold!
                Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
                  I know I have. I estimate I spent at least $1100 to swap suspensions on my '89L a couple years ago. That included a hundred bucks for two guys with an air wrench and a torch to take off my control arms, and a buncha money to ProCare to finish up my brakes (one new line, new fluid, fluid flush, etc.). Also, it includes the alignment and hubcentric rings for my VW alloys to center them on the hubs.
                  Shit, I just dropped $850 bucks on my interior yesterday, and it's only half done. Engine and suspension coming soon.
                  GT

Comment

Working...
                  X