Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is one that should be made a sticky all by it'self.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is one that should be made a sticky all by it'self.

For a fact.

It's called do the fuel filter first.

They put on a new fuel pump, I changed distributor's and the coil.

This went trough three mechanics me included.

I moved the filter up where I could get at it, it blew both ways and I thought it had been changed, it looked new.

Finally fully realizing I was not getting fuel, I could see with the filter up on top. I put on another filter from my junk festiva, I tried blowing on it and it blew very easily both ways, the other one blew but not goosey easy like the second one. It took right off and the filter filled up about a little better than half way, the other one wouldn't fill.

It looks to me like the fuel pumps need a very easy flow to work.

What I'm saying is that fuel filters are a very important item with these festiva carborated cars, I'm not sure about the EFI's

Ah I got a car with 150,000 miles on the fuel filter, but your totally right, this one needs to be changed soon as I get it in the garage. I can feel the lack in power( or is it because its a festiva? )

Logan

Comment

you do know that make aftermarket inline see-through glass and plastic fuel filter holders with filters inside, right?

they have had them since the dawn of time

so you don't have to guess if you are getting fuel and to see how dirty the fuel and filter is

and they are cheap to boot!

Comment

Mine would work and then not work and then cause vapor lock, you can hardly see it way down on the firewall behind everything. I moved it up to the top and let the hoses hold it up, that's when I was able to find the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X