No announcement yet.

24.57 MPG, how is this possible???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you for a fact that the timing can take you from 25 to 40 miles to the gallon depending on where it is set.

Comment

now the aspire has reported in with a grand total of 18.23 MPG!!!! WHAT THE F$&#!!!!! GRRRR

the B6 should be set at 6 btdc? and the B3 should be at 0 btdc?
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
        I can tell you for a fact that the timing can take you from 25 to 40 miles to the gallon depending on where it is set.
        Can you tell me how to set the B3 "16v" variant then please - ours gets 24mpg!

I have adjusted the timing and noticed the mpg get worse and the power output drop - right now I think it is set around TDC + 16 or so? And it seems to run pretty well at this setting - and get 24mpg... :evil:
        Tell it like it is...not how it should be

Comment

si i looked up mitchel and it says the aspire gets 10 BTDC and the Festy is 0 BTDC, but there's no mention of the B6 and where it should be set at.

also Mitchel doesn't explain what plug to ground out before setting the timing on the aspire.

need some help here..... please
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

24.57 MPG, how is this possible???

You said the Distributor diaphram is blown? I don't have any experience on carb Festivas but on other cars if the diaphram is blown you will not be getting the extra timing advance at cruse speeds, this would cut down on mileage.

Comment

Working...
            X