o2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensor

I have a CEL on, and got it scanned, its an 02 sensor problem. The autozone guy said its both my pre and post cat o2 sensor, but i thought i only had one. Is there a post cat one?

Also, They are freaking expensive. I special ordered a universal 1 wire o2 sensor, and ill see tomorrow if it fits ok. Anyone know where to get a cheap one from other than a junkyard? Is there any way to bypass these o2 sensors? I know on my Avenger, i put a certain ohm load resistor and it shut off the light to make the computer "think" the o2 sensor was ther and working well.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 97 Aspire.

Use a universal if you can. Do you have 4 wires or 1 to the o2 sensor? The 97's are ODB-II so it could be different than my 94 which I had no problems using a universal o2. You should only have one on the exhaust manifold.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

mine is 1 wire.

Comment

Any universal o2 sensor will work. I prefer ngk's (I think that's the brand) over the bosch's.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

yeah of course, NGK for the win.

Comment

NGK is awesome, there plugs are teh sex

Comment

I changed the sensor today, but after taking the battery cable off to reset the computer, i drive around, and hen i restart it again, the CEL comes back. Any ideas?

Comment

I would get it rescaned.. might be something else this time.
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I scanned it with my scanner today, and it gave ma a "Bank 1 Sensor 2" code. I thought this only had one o2 sensor, which would be bank 1 sensor 1. I looked under the car, and there is a bolt plugging the post-cat hole where the o2 sensor would be, however, i saw no signs of a wire or harness for the sensor to plug into. Is there a place to plug in a second sensor, and if so, where?

Comment

o2 that i priced was 18.95 from oriely's
                    1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                    festiva turbo b18 project
                    2001 BMW 325i
                    1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

Working...
                    X