Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating problem

I live in Quebec and in the winter the temperature down to -20C , -30C
    and when the car is rolling the temperature gage stay at the lowest position and the heater don't blow that much hot air. When the engine is running and the car doesn't move the temperature gage up to the middle point and the heater blow much hot air. Wat could i do ? Maybe put a cardboard in front half of the radiator front surface could help?

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/vie...t=8801&start=0
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

That rly didnt answer the whole cardboard thing.. does it work?

Comment

It works and sometimes it works pretty good but you got to be careful when your warming up and idling or driving slow in town.

The other thing that works good it a ceramic 12 volt car heater, it usually plugs into the cigarette lighter, they work pretty good as a help along with the regular heater.

Comment

Maybe try a warmer thermostat
          "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

It says in the manual, I think, that places that get around -20 degrees F, to use a plug in car warmer. I could be wrong though.

Comment

I do mean a engine block heater, sorry, my terminology is bad.

Comment

I just used my floor mat because I was driveing and them temp dropped like 45* in like 2 hours and I was on the road freezin my *** off and the floor mat worked great!!
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2516620/1

Comment

The cardboard does work , but I second the warning about warmer (40 deg +) days, a small piece w/ a hole in it does help to get the engine to operating temp faster on really cold ones. I also think if you keep the cardboard in on warmer days and it gets hot enough for the fan to come on while driving it hurts mileage with the extra load on the alternator. Just don't forget the hat and gloves.
                  4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X