1988 Choke operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Choke operation

Hi. I have the car on the road and it runs better everytime I take it out. However, the choke no-workie. I am not getting any voltage to it from the alternator. I pulled the alt. and it checked good at Autozone, but they don't put a plug on that connector. Can someone please supply detailed information on how this thing works? If the alternator isn't supplying the 7 volts, is it user servicable inside? Thanks. I know they are expensive and would rather go the cheapest route.

Appreciate any and all help.

Rick

The book says to repair the choke supply wire.

Comment

Hi Tom. Thanks for the reply. I am not getting voltage at the alternator, wire tests good.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy an alternator. Would rather fix what I have, but I don't have enough info.

Rick

Comment

Likely cheaper to have the exsiting alternator overhauled.
        When my alternator was going bad I checked prices for different solutions and the overhaul at an auto electric shop in the Yellow Pages cost least.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

About how much did that set you back? Autozone has them for around 120 bucks, I think.

Thanks

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X