silly question....but how do our light bulbs work? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly question....but how do our light bulbs work? lol

not to sound totally retarded, i get how they work but as far as the dual filament goes....

my pass side low beam will no work however both the daytime and high beam work on that side. SO i was wondering how it works - does one filament supply high and daytime but just swith the wattage for the brightness and the other filament do the low beam only!??!

thats the question.....which filament does what?? also is this just a bulb problem i have.

I will need new bulbs but i couldn't find it inthe search because the search function on this site is garbage so what bulb type do our cars take?!?!
    1992 Festiva
    2002 Jetta 1.8T

Same filament provides both the high beam and daytime running lights. Your low beam is probably burnt out.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

SYLVANIA is the leading automotive lighting supplier, providing high performance lighting products. Use our bulb replacement guide to find the right bulb that fits your vehicle.

is a site to determine what bulbs a car takes
      2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
      1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
      1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
      http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

you ppl are good ppl. thanks for confirming my thoughts. i will check that site.
        1992 Festiva
        2002 Jetta 1.8T

Comment

i beleive that festivas take 9004 bulbs

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
          X