Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody had any gas tank experiance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody had any gas tank experiance?

Could those three hoses that run from the gas tank to the filler nozzle cause a vapor lock, I would bet money that a vapor lock is my problem and not the carb but I can't find it.

I doubt it, vapor lock is caused from the hot fuel vapor preventing the pump from moving liquid and trying to pump vapor, Open the cap a pressure will release .
    69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
    97 Jag xk8 vert
    06 Mini Cooper S GP
    93 Stiva
    04 Volvo S80

Comment

I've had pressure in the tank and released it but it doesn't fix the problem once it does this. A loose cap could possibly prevent it from happening but here in Minnesota the snow and Ice prevent me from running with a loose gas cap otherwise I would try that.

Comment

I had a Subaru do the same thing one time, once in a while it would do that and stay that way for hours, usually after doing about a hundred things it would let loose and run again until the next time, I never did find out what it was, it ran great except for this just like my Festiva is doing now. They are air locking but finding out where and what to do is more than I have been able to do. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

just a thought, are you sure your gas lines aren't leaking?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I don't think they are, I been end to end on this thing dozens of times. I'm going to have to park it untill spring. Big disapointment.

Comment

So, Tom, how did the screen look inside the tank? Did you check the pick-up tube the screen attaches to? My festy was a mess right there. The metal tube was as close to 100% plugged as it could get. Could also be the long run between the tank and where it plugs into the filter. As far as having pressure, I believe it is supposed to have some. That makes the vapor reclamation work. I could be wrong though.

Good luck.

Rick

Comment

Working...
              X