No announcement yet.

No spark "STILL NEED HELP"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We already changed the computer, I tried a Bp one i had just to see if it was the issue, then I stuck another b3 ONE on, no luck. I think I have checked all the grounds continuity at this time, but at this point it seems like I have gone in circles.

Comment

Check the Ignitor.
      THE INCREDIBLE HULKSTIVA

Comment

With my EFI'd 90 Festiva the fuel pump wasn't producing anymore pressure beyond 10psi instead of the usual 60psi while turned off and much less than the usual 25-35psi when running. But, it still cranked, turned over, and ran so the engine will still work with a broken fuel pump!

'90 Festiva/ EFI/ 200K plus miles/ 5spd

Comment

I just had a thought, what about the nuetral switch on the manual transmission? If this was stuck for some reason would that stop the spark signal to the coil pack? I am talking about the two green wire plug that comes off from the tranny that is connected to the sensor that has aspring loaded ball in the inside.

Comment

i think if the neutral safety switch was stuck, the motor wouldn't even turn over

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i just went through exact same problems as you with my 91 festiva and after many hours of checking everything in ignition system, as you did, i moved to another area. after studying the wiring diagrams i found my problem to be the main electric relay. this is not the same as the fusible link box on the strut tower but rather the relay that hangs on the fender on the same bolts as the radiator overflow container. the white/blue wire (egi) coming out of the fusible link box with 12 volts and goes to this relay. if this relays does not function you get no spark nor does your fuel pump work. i hope you still have your festiva and that this works for you. good luck

Comment

nope, gas and a lighter solved this festiva's problem ;-) Not really but it is gone.

Comment

Working...
                X