windsheild trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windsheild trim

half of the top peice of my exterior windsheild trim blew off on the freeway. where would i get a new peice and how much do you think it would be?
    I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
    93 L

between $60-$67 depending on which half

Comment

where would i get one?
      I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
      93 L

Comment

Your local junk yard....should be cheap
        you probably need new clips too.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by woodson
          where would i get one?
          sorry i forgot to add $60-$67 if they were still available :roll: . ya junkyard man but practice on a piece you don't want. those buggers are tricky to get off. i still don't know what tool will do em and i don't think my girl will be willing to mad max on the roof and catch em using your high-speed wind removal method.

Comment

I have seen a tool for removal but could not find one when I did mine ( had to replace windshield ) so I used a flathead screw driver to get it started and then carefully popped it off. I wasted a bunch of the plastic hold downs but they are replaceable too. The top piece will slide off if you remove the sides first.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

thanks for the help fellas. i was only going 85-90, but the slipstream from a semi was the finishing touch.
              93 L

Comment

its called a hook tool....also sold as a hose removal tool, 8 dollars from snap on truck
                ---------------------------------------------------
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                ---------------------------------------------------
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

snap-on tools...mmmmmmm.
                  93 L

Comment

Working...
                  X