New Sparks and wires, but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sparks and wires, but no start

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't know, I'm not used to 4cyl engines.

I replaced the sparks as I usually would (ignoring the offset).. poped on the wires, and not getting a spark. Is the spark offset major?

It's probably just something I'm over looking. Advice, anyone?

READ THE RULES!!.. Watch the Language!!

my bad.

The coil wire maybe.

Comment

take screwdriver and put it in the coil wire and then hold it while someone turns the engine over that would be the fastest way to check to make sure your coil is good and ensure you have a good spark if you get a slight shock then you'r problem is in the distributer cap. good luck..
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2516620/1

Comment

ya could be dist cap/ rotor button, shouldnt be more than 30 bucks for those, give it a shot
        2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
        1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
        1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
        http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

both of my festivas died in the driveway because of a bad coil wire running from the center tower of the distributor cap to the coil. i always keep a spare at home after that.

Comment

also the center tower of the cap had green corrosion in it so i replaced it on my 1993 and i over looked it the other times i checked out the cap.

Comment

what do you mean by ''offset'' ?
              91 u.s. festiva L 189423 mi. GL int. , engine started smoking [sold]
              93 u.s. festiva gl 222000 mi. bad engine , parts car [sold]
              1981 ford F-100 400000+ miles ? , looks rough - runs good
              1963 1/2 Ford Falcon 4 door base model , 106000 original miles , second owners

Comment

check your coil against the chasis, NOT with a screwdriver. make sure you have power to the coil first.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgrezmonke
                  what do you mean by ''offset'' ?
                  ok, not offest.. the spark gap.. whatevertf you want to call it.

Comment

Working...
                  X