Instrument Cluster W/ Tach Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Cluster W/ Tach Pics?

Anybody have a pic of the back of an '89 Festiva guage cluster with the tach.

I think I may be missing one of the many screws in the back.

The lights that light up the front of the guages (so you can see the needles at night) don't work but I confirmed the bulbs are good.

Any help would be appreciated.

-James-

There is one on E-bay now with a picture of the back

Comment

Thanks!

Did really solve my problem though. I think I'm going to have to break out the trusty multimeter.

Comment

I got that same problem with the amber colored instrument cluster w/ tach....cant see the needles worth a damn. Anybody got a way to solve this?..I took the cluster off and was thinking about tapping into the light wires from the hookups on the thing and run them to the 2 wires on top of cluster so would work when lights on(red &black unhooked wires at top off cluster). If anyone has any insight into this, pls let me hear, thxs.

Comment

Like this one?

Or white faced?

It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Or the 110mph
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Something is wrong with the lights that are above the cluster, with the Black & Red wires. Test those wires to see if the bulbs are bad. Also the orange face clusters have 4 bulbs while the white faced have 2 bulbs. I just used a 9v to test them. They light up fine

Comment

lol, I was waitin for you to post those pics... they are the best ever! helped me out a lot
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

You welcome! Now I just need to find another white face so It can sacrifce the board to my 110mph cluster. I thought I might be able to make the orange faced one work, but NO. Anyone have a really screwed up white faced board? I had one that got busted when I moved, so I kept the whitefaced part & tossed the board cause it busted into tiny little pieces.

Comment

Mine is orange face also. I'm still having the problem. I know the bulbs are
                    good.

I took the PCB off and may have found the culprit. There is a diode of some
                    sort soldered on the back of the PCB that jumps between the current path
                    where the black wire from the small bulbs screws to the PCB and another
                    current path. I drew it in red in the picture below.

I need to get after it with a multi-meter, but I think maybe that diode(?)
                    steps the votage to the small bulbs down to something they can handle.

Other bulbs that use those same paths still work on my panel, just the
                    small bulbs that illuminate the front face are not working.

I may just switch it back out and buy an aftermarket tach. My panel
                    indicates 224K but the car only has 112K. Not that I ever plan to sell it,
                    but I don't know it's just kind of like saying your 60 when you are only 30.
                    lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy
                      I may just switch it back out and buy an aftermarket tach. My panel
                      indicates 224K but the car only has 112K
                      lol, when I built my cluster my car went from having 188K to reading 149K... funny thing is, the motor still has less than 30K on it :lol:
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

white faced gage cluster

I'm looking for the light bulb # that fit in the grey socket on the back of the white faced gage cluster. went to ford and they couldn't help me.

Comment

mine says 1413 or another says 14V1.4 both are very faded though

Comment

Working...
                          X