Oil leak??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak??

ok.first time here so i hope i can figure this out! I have a 94 aspire and have developed an oil leak....it looks to be running down the front side of the block in the area where the water pump and head bolt on.I guess my question is before i start stripping it down is there a mating spot where the water pump bolts to the block that could be leaking oil or is the water pump strictly for sealing the cooling system???

coolant seal only. Its probably coming from the valve cover gasket or the front main seal.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

not coming from the main seal,its alot higher. There is a point where the head ,block,and water pump all meet where is is running down from

Comment

then I'm afraid it sounds like a head gasket.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Hi FB71. I was reading a post you made to a question back in february about an oil leak also.You mentioned the head gasket specifically "a ruptured oil feed passage, outside corner of the block" but the gentlemans was on the drivers side.mine is on the passenger are there oil feed passages on all corners of the block? thanks.

Comment

yes. there's a feed in the center, and returns at either end of the head. If its coming out between the head and block, the only thing it can be is a head gasket.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
            X