similar stalling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• similar stalling problem

my 93L efi 5spd will cut out at random times. all the dash lights come on and my stereo turns off. this isnt a problem when i notice it and resart it. but when i am rolling into an intersection and see an opening, start to turn and all power is off... lets just say i have had a couple of close calls. it only cuts out when im not pushing the gas. and it only happens every once and a while.
    I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
    93 L

First, the 99 cent yellow bottle of heat, second the fuel filter, now does the same problem exist?

Comment

whats the 99 cent yellow bottle of heat?
      I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
      93 L

Comment

Main fuse it probable rusted in the engine compartment, check the ground wire side.
        69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
        97 Jag xk8 vert
        06 Mini Cooper S GP
        93 Stiva
        04 Volvo S80

Comment

Heat is an aditive you put into your gas tank to remove water or bad gas.....sometimes it comes in a red bottle....
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i had simillar problems, stalled while coasting a lot... it was the main fuse, there is a thread w/ a part number so you can replace the stock fuse box with a normal fuse box...
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I have had 2 instances in the last 3 weeks when my 93 Festiva just died while I was off the throttle. After 3/4 attemps in 3/5 minutes to start it fired right up and ran fine. Maybe related is that the check engine light has come on 4/5 times in the last month. Usually for just a second or two. But last night it came on twice during a 100 mile drive. Once for 10/12 seconds and the other was 30 maybe more. I just serviced it Saturday and all fluid levels were fine and still are. Going to start with changing the fuel filter, then checking the fuel pump. Anyone have other suggestions? Thanks. Mike
              90 Festiva L

Comment

well atleast im not the only one with this problem. i will look into all these things as well. thanx.
                93 L

Comment

the check engine light winked at me on the way home this evening. 15 mile drive. Mike
                  90 Festiva L

Comment

HAS ANYONE EVEN BOTHERED TO CHECK THE COMPUTER CODES?????

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj
                      HAS ANYONE EVEN BOTHERED TO CHECK THE COMPUTER CODES?????
                      +1 Willing to say the o2 or a vacume leak.
                      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Working...
                      X