test drive now no start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test drive now no start...

ok well i test drove the car and drove it maybe a 1/4 of a mile pulled into my drive way turned it off. went in the house to get a drink came back out and tried to start the car and now no start. it just cranks and cranks and cranks but nothing.. i checked to see if i had any current throught he coil and i do.. im not sure how much im soposed to have but there was some.... i pulled the #1 plug out and it was a little damp... could this be the coil not prducing enough spark to fire the plugs? if not does any one have any ideas?
    1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
    festiva turbo b18 project
    2001 BMW 325i
    1996 ford F-150 sold

Did you pull a wire off of a plug or the coil wire off the tower itself, to see if you have actual spark , just not power to the coil.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

no not yet it started raining on me and i wasnt at my garage.. so i called it off for the night.... ill prob try that tomarrow.. but if i do any idea on anyhting else?... i just dont see how i can start the car drive it a 1/4 mile turn it off and then the coil be bad.. but hey it could happen
      1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

2001 BMW 325i
      1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

If its raining, maybe water in the cap. Pull it and see if it's corroded in there, I usually get a small pocket knife and scrape off the crud, it flacks off pretty easily.
        69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
        97 Jag xk8 vert
        06 Mini Cooper S GP
        93 Stiva
        04 Volvo S80

Comment

Originally posted by packrat427
          Did you pull a wire off of a plug or the coil wire off the tower itself, to see if you have actual spark , just not power to the coil.
          Check out the coil in everyway. I tried to start mine up and all it did was crank and crank. Then I went and looked at the engine bay and realized the coil wire was unplugged. Try pushing that in and make sure that is connected. or if they are wet, try drying the connections off and trying again.
          91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
          00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
          88 gtx
          74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Did you peak at the timing belt. Most break at startup/shutdown times. Also my festiva did this a few times over the winter were it would start rite away then die. never figured it out. Maybe when you go try again a few sweet words and compliments on how nice it looks today may help.
            "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

well it did this before it started raining and when a few drops fell i closed it up... as far as water in the cap or it being corroded it a brand new cap along with rotor buttun and plugs and wires... illl check the timing belt even thought it was replaced when i bought the capri and drove itr home to kentucky from new york. i think ill go try the few sweet words and see what happens.. if not ill try a new coil.... ill keep updated with my probs...lol

2001 BMW 325i
              1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

ok well just tried to restart it after it sat over night and nothing... just cranks and cranks.. doesnt sound to be getting andy fire again... ill keep looking

2001 BMW 325i
                1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

So , did you or not , take the wire off the coil or plug too see if you are getting spark to the plugs ??
                  That is going to tell you for sure .
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Check for spark 1st. Pull a plug or the coil wire and insert a spark plug, set it on the engine or something that is grounded and have someone crank the engine. If no spark then that's where you start. If spark then go to on to the fuel system.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Better yet just get the local annoying kid in the neighborhood to help and just tell him to hold the coil wire.
                      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

i like that idea sho tyme... and since i have the day off today ill lookingto it more and let you all know what i come up with.. going to recheck everything spark and all.

2001 BMW 325i
                        1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

well for some reason i went out side and decided to try one last time to start the car.. and well what do you know is started.. but it floodes itslef to hell and back... i also need to check my O2 sensor because i think it may be bad... that might casue some of the flooding issue woudlnt it?

the car has been flooding itself for a little while and i guess when i let it sit and idle for a bit before i turned it off thte other day it might have flooded itself reallllly bad. so im going to check the o2 and see what goes on there.. i might just go ahead and replace it while im at it... ill keep you guys updated

2001 BMW 325i
                          1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

Working...
                          X