wirng question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wirng question

I want to make my ignition push button start, how difficult is it and has anybody ever done it. I have a 1989 Festy any advice is appreciated

Well, if you turn the key on and run 12v to the little wire connector on the starter it will turn over., you would need to turn the key on and run a starter button between the battery and that connector on the starter, but for safety you would need to run the neutral safety switch between the button and the starter. You would have to have the key in the ignition to turn the power on so, why bother?
    69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
    97 Jag xk8 vert
    06 Mini Cooper S GP
    93 Stiva
    04 Volvo S80

Comment

Because its the latest craze on all the new cars.
      ~Jeff
      1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
      1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
      2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

why not install a remote control start up switch????

Comment

It doesn't sound so complicated so I will try it and let you know how it goes
          the reason is that its something different on the and being different isn't all that bad

Comment

would you be able to take the key out of the circut to turn on the power to the car like a switch for power and a button for the start. that might be easier for my ignition switch then putting in a new ignition
            um...

Comment

if you're taking the key out of the circuit completely don't forget you'll also have to disable the steering lock somehow. Prolly not too hard, but I would imagine it would be kinda hard to drive a festiva if the steering wheel was stuck in one position :lol:
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
              X