horse power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horse power

yeah i was wondering if someone could tell me what all you can do to a stock 1.3L festiva to get more horse power ?

Put a B6 in it.
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

what is a b6?

Comment

Originally posted by X_fordman_X
        what is a b6?
        A 1.6L engine from a Mazda 323/Mercury Tracer, the best upgrade for the money. It's a direct bolt in (providing your car is fuel injected).

Search around the forums for more info.

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

A 1.6 with a carb will work in a 88 or 89 that is carbed too.
          ~Jeff
          1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
          1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
          2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

With the proper parts a 1.3 could be built up to around 100 hp. It would probably be cheaper to do an engine swap though.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0zone
              A 1.6 with a carb will work in a 88 or 89 that is carbed too.
              Not wishing to hijack the thread here, but weren't there some issues with the carb not being big enough to fully power the engine?

Regards,

Tim
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Never heard of that. I know that the 1.6 did come with a carb on some models.
                Quaddawg has a carbed 1.6 in his.
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

I would make the swap worth while and do a b6t but thats just my .02

Comment

sweet thanx guys

Comment

port and polish the head and slap on the 1.3 headers from FMS w/ their performance cam, and you should see another 10-15HP, i know this sounds like nothing but in a small car like ours, it's a big differance.

juat an example: B6 block w/ stock B3 carb, intake and cam, port&polished head and B6 headers resulted in 67 HP at the wheels which is about 75-78 hp at the crank. stock for the original B3 was 58 AT BEST. mind you that none of my componments are properly matched with eachother so you can figure that with a proper intake/carb combo and better cam, i should see another 20-25 HP, and a better top end.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                      X