Window HARD to roll up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window HARD to roll up!!!

my passenger side window is a complete pita to roll up! why is this and how can I remove the glass (another Q) but how could I rememdy this problem? Thanks all. -jd

both of my festivas does that.

Comment

It is the regulator or its out of the channel. Common problem. Festiva motorsport has them.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Put some grease in your regulators and silicone spray in the front and rear run channels where the glass sits in. Take the door panel off and you have complete access. Only 2 bolts hold the window iin by the regulator i think there 10 mm.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

This usually crops up in the colder months. It's a known issue with Festivas.. the tracks have to be lubed.. I use vaseline.. I do mine once every 2 yrs or so. But there is a whole laundry list of products that would work.

Edit: Yeah what wes said.. beat me to the post.. lol

Comment

also make sure the window screws arent loose at the bottom , if they are they window may roll up at an angle and cause it to jump track or just simply get lodged.

Comment

^^ thanks for the info. my driver side door window hangs up in the front a little and sometimes tilts forward a little and gets caught. i tried silicone spray and it didn't help but never checked the bolts.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

theres a plastic retaining clip that attaches to the glass it may be cracked causing the bolt to have more play and tilt forward. Thus causing the binding.
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

One you pull the door panel its easy to get to, I think its a 10 mm, check those screws at the bottom of the glass there should be 2 that hold the glass. Also tighten up the part where that lift handle clips on to the frame and I would then use some white lithium grease and lube up the track and check it for any damages. Make sure the glass isn't leaning, that leaning will cause it to get lodged on the way up.

Just pull that panel, to do so take out the screws around the panel edges, take out the screw in the inside latch handle, also pull the 2 screws on the arm rest, then just pop the Christmas tree clips around the door which usually like to break, you may see some plastic which is just kinda stuck around the edges, just peel it back. It stops moisture and sound, then just reverse the procedure to put it back in. The christmas tree clips will usually be the pain.

Good luck with it my friend.

Joe

Comment

Sounds like a regulator to me. I've done so many windows in my time and that is always the problem. Very rarely is it something else. I had to fix mine on my daily driver a few weeks back.

Comment

Working...
                    X