Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust Header/Manifold Downpipe - Cheapest Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Header/Manifold Downpipe - Cheapest Source?

Howdy folks, just been looking at the Aspire manual, in particular the exhaust system section.

I note that the Aspire down-pipe appears to be identical to our Mazda 121 (there are 5 varieties of down-pipe in the UK supposedly....)
    Ours is a JDM model and could not find the same pipe in the UK so had the fitted one welded to pass the annual inspection (MOT).

Any suggestions to the cheapest place to source a down-pipe over here in the USA?

Also where would you get a cheap cat to fit the same?

I'm in NoVA at the moment
    Tell it like it is...not how it should be

Well the cheapest source would be a junkyard...shipping on a downpipe from the States to NoVA would be astronomical though. As far as the cat get a cheap one from summit catco/flowmaster, that is if they are smog legal. They usually run around the 50 dollars range.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

NoVa - Northern Virgina

Popped into Autozone today but they said that section of the exhaust was not available.

I guess I'll try some breakers yards (junkyards) when I'm down in FL as they should be less rusty there hopefully.

Comment

Check out an exhaust shop like Midas. Normally they do the install but if you explain your situation they might sell you one.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

My bad I didn't know the term NoVA meant North virginia i just looked at your location by your screenname.
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Will try some of the muffler shops this week and see what I can come up with

Comment

Working...
            X