steering wheel removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering wheel removal?

Help! does any one know how to remove the stock steering wheel? it's the 2 spoke version with that big rectangle thing in the middle. ive already removed the nut in the middle i thought that would to it but it still wont budge :cry:

you have to get one of the universal steering wheel removal tools from a pep boys or advance auto and then it should be pretty easy from there, I just recently removed mine and it was a piece of cake with the tool, good luck.

Comment

Put the nut back on by a few threads, pull on the top with one hand and your knees on the bottom and hit the nut with a hammer.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

remove the 2 screws from underneath remove the horn and use a 24mm IIRC, smack the wheel a few times and pull it'll come off.. I've removed litterally a dozen and have never needed anything besides the ratchet/socket/phillips.. only one warning.. don't smack youself in the face!! LOL I never have but I heard of people doing this on other cars. yeah put the nut back on a few threads just in case :wink:

Comment

Working...
        X