Festiva Heat temp control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Heat temp control

Does the slider for the temp. of the heater operate a diffuser door in the heater box to change the temp of the heat, or open and close a valve to let hot anti-freeze into the heater core?

Also, where should the needle read on the dash, mine has never been higher than 1/4" above C. I know most newer cars read right in the middle between C and H.

I may have a stuck thermostat either way.

Thanks
    89 L

According to my '91 factory manual, it moves doors to control heat etc.

I thought you were selling your Festy.....
    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I actually sold it back to the original owner, they missed it so much they wanted it back. I am checking the rear wheel bearings today but when I drove it home yest. there was zero heat. The slider doesn't feel the same as it did before so I am wondering if its not moving the door. But who knows how long the stat has been in there. I was hoping to avoid taking the dash apart.

Can you scan in a couple pages of that manual and email them to me? Is there a diagram of the heater box assem.?

Thanks
      89 L

Comment

The air wasn't coming out of the dash was it? You probably already know this but the heat only comes out of the defrost and floor.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Yeah I'm up on that. Figured it out last year when I joined the forum.

89 L

Comment

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
            X