Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have the evtm for the 1988 festy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have the evtm for the 1988 festy?

heya guys i'm trying to get the festiva back on the road, swapped in my spare aspire engine, but somewhere along the way a wire on the drivers side of the carb ripped out of something. for the life of me i can't figure out where it is supposed to go. it's a white wire in a red abbrasion type sleave. i ordered a evtm but it's comming media mail and will take a while to get it. anyone have any clue what this wire hooks to? info on these damn aisan 22 carbs is next to non existant....
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Re: carb wire

If you mean the wire ripped out of the carb, there should have been 2 wires in that sleeve - a black one and a white one. Look at your choke housing. Now directly behind the choke housing is the vacuum choke pull-off. Look at the back edge of the vacuum pull-off chamber and you should see a thing about 5/8" in diameter and almost touching the vacuum chamber. This is where the 2 wires are supposed to go - in the top end of that plug thats screwed into the carb.
    John
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

well the wire is still attached to the carb, and i'm not sure what part it is, it's attached to the drivers side top of the carb it's a flat cylinder that sais aisan and 22 on it. i don't really know my way around a barb though i'm more into fi
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

It sounds like you are talking about the electric choke housing. If this is correct, it should connect to the alternator. Look at the alternator. You should see a heavy wire attached to the alternator with a nut, a plug with 2 wires coming out of it, and another plug with one wire coming out. Trace the wire from the single plug on the alternator and I think you will find it is not connected to anything. If this is the case, then the wire that you have on the carb gets connected to this wire from the alternator.
        John
        You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

yeah that seems to be what it was. now the only problem is that i'm using the aspire alternator and i don't have this hookup. I'm guessing that it is simply a 12v+ ignition on connection? any clue?

Comment

Choke Heater wire

The choke heater plugged into the alternator of the carbed festies, and that was a stator tap which output about 7 volts at 2000 rpm. Don't hook that wire to 12v unless you wanna let out all the "magic smoke" in the choke heater. I'm going through the same dilema currently.Wanna upgrade the alt, but gonna wait till I go to a Weber 32/36 DGEV carb. That uses a 12v heater coil. Don't know of a 12v replacement for the Aisans.

Comment

well crap then. what all is involved in that carb swap then? any adapters needed or is it a bolt on?

Comment

simplest solution? put the carbed festy alt on the aspire engine. the serp pulley should fit. i remember doing this a few years ago eith an 88gl i had. sad story.... got totalled.... power mir, a/c, cass, underseat tray, the works....

Comment

ok then one more question for ya...well 2 if you know the answers. first towards the back of the intake manifold, on the drivers side there is a component with 2 vaccum lines attached to it, a brown line attached to the top and a orange line attaced to the side. any clue what this is called? the side port broke off aso i need to order a new part, just have no clue what it's called. also on the front side of the distributer there is a small black box attached with a screw and a black wire comming out of it that goes to the coil. the wire is breaking off at the distributer, so i gotta get a new one...anyone know what these 2 parts are called?

Comment

anyone have a clue?

Comment

nevermind guys i got the parts list for the dealer it was the fuel cutoff solenoid valve...

Comment

Comment

OK OK i appreciate the diagram, but apparently I'm a moron lol because i still can't follow it. can any one tell me what hooks to the vacuum port in the photo? it's the bundle of lines that goes to the charcoal canister.

Comment

Need 1988 Festiva vacuum diagram

I see the 1989 diagram was posted above. Is a 1988 diagram available? I have two '88s with potential hose connection errors, and some of the hoses aren't original, so aren't color-coded properly.

Also, is there some document which shows which of the devices from the diagram are where in the engine compartment? I see mention of an FEVTM -- what is that and where do I buy one, and is it year-specific?

Thanks.
                            88L black, dailydriver
                            88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                            4 88/89 disassembled
                            91L green
                            91GL aqua pwrsteer
                            92GL red a/c reardmg
                            3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                            1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

i believe the 88 is identical to the 89, i'll check my evtm when i get home but i'm pretty sure it has a component logation list.

Comment

Working...
                              X