Emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissions

I'm gonna have to get the Festiva tested for emissions this week or so, and was wondering if anyone here has any difficulty with emmision testing/ suggestions? (Oh, and my festy is an 88' carbed L). Any help or advice is appreciated-wish me luck!
    -Nick

Hey Nick...probably should be in the repair forum.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Well with only a week away, you're short on time.

Now would be a good time to make sure the normal tune-up things have been done in a decent amount of time. Check the timing, plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc.

I would have recommended www.auto-rx.com but you do not have the time.

FP60 by www.lubecontrol.com would be a good option. I've heard of many people failing emission testing, using FP60, and passing a short time later.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

what i have done in missouri a mechanic told me that they go by the first reading and there has to be an improvement from that reading to get a waiver so he told me to pull a spark plug wire and let it fail really bad then reconect the spark plug wire and see if it will pass. the reasoning behind this is no matter what you do after the fist test anything will be an improvement to get the waiver in missouri.

Comment

OK, in the state of Maryland

the first emission test, you'll have to pay $15 or so

if you fail the next one is free

if you still fail, you can get a waiver, signed by a repair shop for the work you had done [over $500] to try to pass emissions.

now either call me now [PM sent] or have the test done and if you fail , then call me
          i live/work in Rockville,MD [rt 198 to rt 28 to rt 355]

Comment

Working...
          X