Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd set of wheel bearings in less than 6 months!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had mine done as well.. It cost a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I bit the bullet and took it to a local shop. I chose that shop mainly because the mechanic that does the alignments and suspension drives a Festiva daily and I had already talked to him previously. He said he had only replaced his bearings once like 5 years ago. Hell, I've heard a few other mechanics say that they have to replace them every year. Obviously they don't know how to install them correctly.

Comment

well, i got my baby back, and it turns out it was the ebrake that got stuck and the brake was burning away my bearing n spindle....wow....how on earth did that happen, i aint got a clue...but now i got another question for u guys....my dust cap flew off, while i driving, and the mechanic made one for me, but it looks really ghetto....anyone know where i can get one???

Comment

i see if a junkyard neer me has one but it will be about 15 degrees this weekend so not for sure if i will go.

Comment

man, that would be awesome if someone could get a hold of one for me. I tried calling a few junkyards and they didnt have any festiva's, not even anything related. that cap my mechanic made, looks sooooo awful...lol

if anyone is selling parts btw, I'm looking for new mirrors, both passenger side and driver side. (cant really find those either).

Comment

go to http://car-part.com/ , type in some thing a festiva will have and it'll tel ya where there's a local junkyard with a festy

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

aha...thanks for the link, hopefully, there's a dead festiva somewhere that doesnt need its dust caps or mirrors..lol

Comment

Working...
              X