droning after 50 kph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• droning after 50 kph

hay guys, I'm getting a droning sound that sounds like a bearing in the transmition. I have a 93 auto, and it starts getting loud after 50 kph. I thought it was a wheel bearing at first, but it didn't change pitch around turns like wheel bearings usually do, and both hubs were rebuilt by the ford dealership (like that means anything), and I lifted the car up and checked and didn't notice any movement from the wheels in and out, so maybe its a bearing in the tranny, its not like grinding or nothin, it sounds like scaloped tires. THOUGHTS? :shock:

Is it your speedo cable? They can make a terrible noise in the winter due to the grease in the cable freezing. Is your needle bouncing?

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I don't know, it doesn't seem to bounce to much, a lil I guess, I will have to notice if it does it above 0 to see for sure

Comment

my actual speedometer made this noise. someone else on here had the same problem. needle didn't bounce much but made a bad sound when very cold. tried lubing the cable and didn't help sprayed the speedometer housing w/ lubricant and it stopped.

here's the link to the other post about this.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

where does that cable attach on the engine? I never noticed it before :?

Comment

On the transmission, between the starter and the firewall.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

ya, so as I suspected, the ford dealership f@*ked up the hubs pre-load, and thats where the noise is comming from, I'm fighting with them now about it, I can't find the reciept so there making a big deal about that, they say "your not on record"..... like hell! whatever, I'm finding the VISA transation record, that should be a start anyhow, I mean it cost 200 canadain to rebuild.....and that was only labor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Comment

They're saying you're not on record? Bullpucky! Ford dealerships use the same service and parts software as everyone else, and all repairs are recorded. The records can be accessed by customer name, VIN number, work order number, appointment number, phone number....whatever you've got. They can even track using data regarding what parts were pulled from inventory, and who's car did they go on.

They're trying to cover their asses.

Comment

oh i know, I'm loosing it, like the guy on the phone was such a d#@k, he's like "oh well we don't show your name here so you'll need your reciept" whatever , he was probibly not even at the computer when he said it :evil: even if I win this i don't know if I even want them rebuilding them now, like I'm not going through this every 3 months, the ones on the car now have to last me another 2 1/2 months, which they should considering theres plenty of grease in there, the race gap is just wrong,but not enough to move the wheel any, it seems very solidly mounted, plus there not getting hot, its cold as hell here every day, and I feel them after highway driving and there cold. but the sound drives you crazy, sounds like driving in an airplane after like 60 kph. so how much are new hubs? or does anyone have a set they want to sell? I hate the ford dealership :x

Comment

Working...
                  X