Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problems with heater/defroster/cool air venting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with heater/defroster/cool air venting...

I have a '91 Festiva L with 5-speed.

I recently returned from a 1300 mile drive where I'd used my heater and defroster often, which worked fine throughout my trip.

But here a day or two ago, I noticed that no matter what setting I put the heater/defroster/cool air vent slider on(the top of the three which move horizontally) all I get is cool air, through the vents in the front of the dash in the middle or on either side near the side windows.

Nearly nothing is coming through the defroster vents under the windshield or out of the heater vents below the dash, no matter how I set the controls.

This of course could be disasterous in cold or even cool & rainy weather.

Anyone with a clue as to the problem before I start to tear things apart?
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

probably the cable that controls the little flapper door thingy is either broken or stuck... IIRC that particular cable should be fairly accessible by taking out the glovebox. It might also have just gotten disconnected somehow
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

heater problems...(SOLVED!!!)

That was an excellent idea, to take out the glove compartment and look around. There was a narrow shiney metal rod about four or five inches long with a threaded end which was dangling suspiciously off the right side of the boxey affair all the vents and such are part of under the middle of the dash. I found the tiny black plastic fitting that it had apparently popped out of and reattached the threaded portion of the rod to it and now everything looks to be back to normal, or headed that direction without fail.

I think once I'm assured the adjustment is proper I may secure the fitting with a piece of wire or even twine as it seems nothing other than use caused it to pop open...though which may never happen for another 140,000 miles so I think I'll see what happens for a little while at least, in case the thing relieved a bind or something which could've been a more serious problem.(though I doubt it)

Thanks mucho, "htchbck."(hey, is that "Dahlonega" anything to do with what I'd probabley get edited for mentioning here?)
      '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by bobstad
        hey, is that "Dahlonega" anything to do with what I'd probabley get edited for mentioning here?
        not sure what you're getting at there... ask me in a PM that way it won't get edited...
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
        X