Flushing the cooling system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing the cooling system

I've got a 91 Kia Pride 1.3LX. I've just replaced a cracked cylinder head and after replacing the fuel pump have got it running again. I have flushed out the cooling system a few times but there is still oil residue left. How should I flush it all out? I know you can get radiator cleaner but will that be strong enough to flush out oil?

their are two ways....."I"........ do it, not being everyone:

1: CASCADE ----DISH WASHER SOAP---- and water, thrower in and let it warm up, get up to temp, DO NOT OVERHEAT IT!!!! run it warm for about 1/2 and hour and start to flush till it clears up.

2: really stubbern ones get Fleetguard RESTORE hd coolent system cleaner. directions on the bottol. avalible at your local CUMMINS dealer

I"ll probably get crusified for this by somebody who has a better chemical formula, but the cascade has almost never failes me!
    you want to blend in?, drive a honda
    92l festy car, original owner.
    2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
    1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Got the Pride up and running properly tonight. Thanks to anyone who gave advice to me in the couple of threads I posted. Had a slight problem because the timing light decided it wanted to stop working but managed to get a new one and it's running well again.

Comment

Working...
      X