which trans for my aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which trans for my aspire?

I need to replace a 5 speed trans in an aspire. Is a festiva trans better/more durable than a aspire trans? I realize the ratios are slightly different.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Re: which trans for my aspire?

Originally posted by iceracerdude
    I need to replace a 5 speed trans in an aspire. Is a festiva trans better/more durable than a aspire trans? I realize the ratios are slightly different.
    No real improvement, and a 4sp in a heavier Egg wouldn't be fun
    on the highway.

Comment

What happen to it - When you say you blew it, Was it catastrophic or just got noisey?

Comment

Don't know, I'm getting this car for $100 in a week, haven't even seen it yet. The guy I'm getting it from doesn't seem to have a clue. He doesn't think it's the clutch or the throw out bearing though. He was able to drive it home. So I'm shopping out a trans for the worse case scenario. I've got a festiva right now that I put a very fresh b6 in. I use it as a grocery getter and my ice racer, but it's rusting out from under me. I've made a stainless turbo manifold and down pipe for it and am going to switch it into the aspire, and put the aspire b3 back into the festy and sell it. But that still leaves me short a trans.
        97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
        CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
        Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Working...
        X