Timing belt cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt cover

Found this yesterday... it looks like something was rubbing, do i have a bigger problem?

Im guessing this is gonna be a j/y item..
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

yep, jy... i've never been able to find one anywhere else. it does that when the plastic decided to warp and it starts making contact with the water pump pulley and/or the crank pulley. It makes a lot of noise till it gets warn down enough that its not touching anymore. I don't think thats an indicator of any other problems though. I had it happen to mine and I just got another of one of my old motors and its been fine ever since. when you're looking at the jy keep in mind that the peice is identical to the ones on the SOHC 1.6s (323s and pre 90s tracers) and its possible (though I never checked) it may match the ones on the SOHC 1.8s (proteges)
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

thanks, thats good to hear. Festys are hard to come by in the yards around here, but it will be easy to find a 323
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

Mine are like that, don't worry.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
        BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
        BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
        New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I just removed mine. I burn through engines faster than timing belts anyway. ops:
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

^^^ LOL... actually there was a guy a while back that worked in a aluminum fabbing shop that was gonna try to make some aluminum ones available to us, but that was over a year ago. I would have snag a couple of those aluminum ones for sure, cause I doubt they'd experience the same warping problems, plus they'd look awesome. Oh well...
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
            X