stalling car at stop signs and lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stalling car at stop signs and lights

ok well hears what happens when i pull up to a stop light my festy starts to choke a little it is only when it is idling and it happens in rythm so i'm thinking that it is a fuel injector. sometimes it will even stall when it starts chocking but if i rev the engine it will be fine.
    um...

give it a tune up. new plugs, wires, fuel filter, clean the airfilter(or get a new one). See if that helps.
    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
    88 gtx
    74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

HePing, I had the same thing once because I didn't have all the intake plumbing in place correctly between the air box and the throttle body. Make sure you have no air leaks. Also you may want to adjust your idle air mixture. As you look at your engine from the front, it is on the right near the throttle position sensor. There is usually a rubber plug that has to be removed. Then just screw the adjuster out or in until it idles correctly. (count your turns in case this isn't the problem and you want to put it back).
      Good Luck! Also do you still want a lower control arm? I have one off a car that was on there for a few weeks - $25 plus shipping.

Comment

OOPS - HePing - I am assuming you have a fuel injected model.

Comment

How many miles does it have, I had a car that would start to stall at stop lights and I thought it was the spark plug, and wires. Turns out my tranny fluid needed to be changed, because the car didn't want to shift into neutral at stops, this was an automatic, not sure what you have.

Comment

HePing, you need to post more info on what transaxle you have and the model year, etc.

I had my '93 ATX stall out at stoplights in gear, and what fixed it was when I pulled my spark plugs, they were covered in white powder gunk, which indicates it may have a coolant leak into the engine. New plugs fixed it up right away. Now I probably have to do a head gasket job to fix the actual problem.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Mine was doing that and all it was was a loose throttle cable.

Comment

my also does this, I have a 3 speed auto, mines due to the fact that I think that my motor has had it, the idle goes everywhere and one of the cylinders has such low compression, sometimes it doesn't support combustion at idle ......that coupled with the 10 seconds it takes to shut off the oil light on start up :lol: but good ol mazda, she still runs 8) (this motor also came out of the woods and was seized for years....might be a factor :? ) LOL

Comment

Mine did that because of a bad fuel pressure regulator.
                  www.dantheoilman.com
                  AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
                  Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
                  Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
                  X