Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many cans of seafoam is this gonna take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many cans of seafoam is this gonna take?

:shock:

89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

9 lol.
    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
    88 gtx
    74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

dad says just rebuild it but before you do soak it in diesel lol.

seafoam is really only good for the combustion chamber tho, does almost nothing when added to oil.
      2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
      1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
      1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
      http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

seafoam is only good for a smoke show from what I have seen...

Should have seen the face on the guy coming down the road when i was pulling out of my dads driveway.
        91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
        00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
        88 gtx
        74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

1-2 can seafoam cleaning intake just good enough unless you want make your neighbor get pissed flood with smokes!

Comment

Seafoam in the crankcase is NOT a good idea for 1000 reasons.

If you want to clean your engine internals, use www.auto-rx.com

Also, cosmetic appearance under the valve cover does not mean diddly as far as how well the engine is running. Some varnish is completely normal.
            www.dantheoilman.com
            AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
            Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
            Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

i'll second that notion.....no foam!.....lol, you trying to kill her?

any kind od brake cleen will work well as well, it evaporates and no residue

2Cents.
              you want to blend in?, drive a honda
              92l festy car, original owner.
              2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
              1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

not to knok rx.......though
                1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Brake cleaner is going to give it the cosmetic appearance of a good running engine.

Auto-rx is going to clean the ring packs and valve stem seals and other rotating seals (front main, cam, etc) in a safe way.

All brake cleaner is going to do it pretty things up.
                  www.dantheoilman.com
                  Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

if you are of the thinking that adding additives to oil from any company while under reg use......is going to help,.... then you know something that all the major auto companies don't, and the oil comp. Reg oil changes are the only thing recomend to prevent crap from building in the motor.

the brk cleen is to remove all the varnish, sledge and crap in top end, while appart, to clean everthing........and is very effective.
                    1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

if you are of the thinking that adding additives to oil from any company while under reg use......is going to help,.... then you know something that all the major auto companies don't, and the oil comp. Reg oil changes are the only thing recomend to prevent crap from building in the motor.
                      Actually, motor oil companies know about esters. They use them all the time in all kinds of oil.

However, auto-rx has patented esters. Frank has been approached by several companies that wanted to buy it. He was afraid they'd jack the price up up or even worse, not bring it to market.

Now the rest of the additives out there.....completely useless and mostly harmful. But auto-rx works.
                      www.dantheoilman.com
                      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

in your opinion.......lets not forget that! :lol:

Teir are cars, that run on water, but G.M, or any other manf. is not going to build them, many companies make claims, I have heard most of their speeches, tryed different stuff, even had one comp. give me their product, for trial,.......none of the claims have been legit to date for ME. Oil companies spend billions on reserch and development for sure, but if the little guy's product was legit on their reserch don't you think they would just bye them out and put it into their oil and make fantastic new claims? the answer is yes.....the little guy wants to get rich just like everyone elese. I find your claims to be doubtful, if a major player in that game wanted,hey would build something so close to the original, you could never tell them apart, and by-pass the original at the patent office.

As to cleaning an engine....their are a million ways to skin that cat........befor all the chemicals, and goops,.......to clean internals, in the shops we used water.....rev er up and water bottol the carb been done lots, as an eg,........ter one apart after that.....not even junk on the comb.chambers!, or a little A.T.F in the oil, cleans all the garbage out!

every one has their opinion on goops and additives, after 270'000 on my festy, 400'000 on my nissan diesel, the only additive they had was clean oil, and both are still running strong with only 1 major on the festy, netheir has had any iron changes to date.

I have seen H.D. diesel motors run on sunflower oil in the crank, burn used veg in the fuel lines, hydrogen claims of efficiency, better fuel milage with epa claims, stop this leaks, bla, bla, bla in the 15 years of being a mech, and to date..........NONE have made mainstream, and i don't belive they will.......why?.........

regular oil maintanance clears up 90% of the problems out their.

as to the original post.........no seafoam, if the motor is coming apart, to clean the internals.....to get the varnish off and wash everything ...I....would brakecleen the @#$^ outta it!

if it is not coming apart............pull the plug outta the oil pan and blast er!

you have a second opinion on the other stuff...........
                        1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Oil companies spend billions on reserch and development for sure, but if the little guy's product was legit on their reserch don't you think they would just bye them out and put it into their oil and make fantastic new claims?
                          Like I said, some have offered before.

the little guy wants to get rich just like everyone elese. I find your claims to be doubtful, if a major player in that game wanted,hey would build something so close to the original, you could never tell them apart, and by-pass the original at the patent office.
                          I don't think Frank is hurting for money anymore. His main market is printing presses being cleaned with this stuff. Also, it's hard to "bypass" the original at a patent. That's the thing about chemistry. Either something IS something, or it's something else. It's not like they add an extra gear and another widget and call it a new product.

to clean internals, in the shops we used water.....rev er up and water bottol the carb been done lots,
                          Seafoam can be used in this manner. Seafoam works through two principles. Thermal shock and solvency. Water would work through thermal shock.

every one has their opinion on goops and additives, after 270'000 on my festy, 400'000 on my nissan diesel, the only additive they had was clean oil, and both are still running strong with only 1 major on the festy, netheir has had any iron changes to date.
                          I run into this A LOT when talking about synthetic. The only thing I can say is that'd still be running with or without, but with it they'd be running better. Engines that last that long are the result of a good design and good manufacturing.

NONE have made mainstream, and i don't belive they will.......why?.........
                          LOTS of products never make it to the mainstream. Either from fear, lack of advertising money, or just people think it's snake oil. Being skeptical is typically a good thing though. One of my favorite products that never made it mainstream are those walkfit insoles you see once in a while during an infomerical. My feet have never felt better!

would brakecleen the @#$^ outta it!
                          That will improve the cosmetic appearance of the valve train. But it's not going to clean and help condition the seals. It won't improve compression and it runs a high risk of clogging the oil pickup or an oil passage. Solvents DO NOT belong in the crankcase.

Search google and you'll find plenty of people talking about auto-rx and how well it works.

That's a fine example of how well it works. The compression numbers are the important part.

Here's WHY Frank decided to make auto-rx:

Terry Dyson is the world's foremost expert on used oil analysis interpretation:

I have personally purchased 15 bottles of auto-rx. I've used it in about 8 vehicles all with spectacular results. My aspire, my truck, my vic, a 78 monte carlo, 94 Toyota Pickup 22RE, Ford Taurus, Grand Prix, and an intrepid. All of them except my truck got a boost in gas mileage. It stopped a front seal leak on the monte (everything else still leaks though. LOL!) and the Taurus.

I was skeptical at first too, but after I used it once I knew it was a product that does what it claims it does. If it doesn't, Frank gives you your money back.
                          www.dantheoilman.com
                          Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

most offer money back ........bla, bla......you must be right, mone of the big hitters could scratch a cheque large enough to make him go away.....unlikely. :wink:

I think last time i cheked, the big boys make the most on parts.....not selling new units, if this product was substantual enough they would at least have it on the shelf. :shock: ........never been to a dealer and seen it....or been recomended it by them.

i think my maintanance is the key to long life ,.....a good wrench is hard to find, one with an open mind even harder. :lol:

this debate could go on for ever, ....the bottom line for me is if you feel better about using it go ahead...........I'll maintain my stuff like a good boy and never have a trouble..........knock on wood :lol:
                            1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

I consider cleaning the engine maintenance.

You're right, an open mind is hard to find.
                              www.dantheoilman.com
                              Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
                              X