No announcement yet.

Automatic Transmission Fluid Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Transmission Fluid Question.

I am going to change the transmission fluid on my 93 GL Sport. It has the 3 spd automatic. How many liters/quarts does it take? What is the best fluid I can buy for it? Also, what make of gasket and filter should I get?

Thanks.
    1993 GL Sport

A synthetic ATF (Mobil1, AMSOIL, etc) would be best.

Otherwise ATFs are pretty close to each other.

Wix makes very nice filters if you can find them.

You'll need between 3 and 6 quarts of fluid depending on how much you manage to get drained out.
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Both CarQuest and Napa's filters are mad by Wix. A friend of mine tried the B&M trick shift atf fluid in his auto. Even when it was hot it still shifted firm and it's about the same price as synthetic.

Comment

thanks.. I went to an autoparts store yeasterday and they advised that I dont run a synthetic so I just bought some Mister Transmission stuff it was about 15 bucks for 4L. I also went to Canadian Tire and picked up a gasket and filter set for 15 bucks.
        1993 GL Sport

Comment

B&M Trick Shift is NOT what you want.

B&M Trick Shift is Type F transmission fluid. Nothing special about it except a large price tag to make you think you're getting something special.

Type F ATF has no friction modifiers. This are important for torque converters that are designed to have a fluid with FM. If you're racing and you can afford a new TC once in a while....get Type F fluid for quicker and harder shifts.

If it's a street car, get Mercon.
          www.dantheoilman.com
          AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
          Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
          Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
          X