• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slammed into a curb hardcore!

Long story short.

Right hand turn.

BIG patch of ice.

Slammed driver's front tire into a curb hard.

Bent rim. Broken hubcap. Hit hard enough to knock off my fuse box cover under the hood and break the battery holder. Door now hits fender when I open it.

Driver's front wheel is now back about an inch or more.

Things I should look for while I crawl under there to see what's bent/broken/etc?
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Make sure you look at where the lower control arm bolts to the frame. That is probably bent bad. Look at your front sway bar and bushings and the top of the strut mount. If its pushed back far enough you may need to put it on a frame puller. Un-hook the tie rod and make sure the rack turns good the tierod is not bent and still holds to the rack. Inspect both ends of the drive axle and look for crushed brake /fule lines.

Sorry to hear about it.

Eric
    Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
    Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
    Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

Comment

Control arm is bent a lot.

I'm getting a wheel and a control arm from the junkyard today. I'm going to throw it on and see if that's enough.

I can't tell if anyone else is out of whack. On thursday I'm having it professionally looked at.

What can I say? Ice happens.
      www.dantheoilman.com
      AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
      Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
      Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
      X