average alternator life span

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• average alternator life span

hay guys, just out of curiosity, I was wondering how long the can you expect to get out of these alternators (b6), like whats the average milage you guys have gotton out of them under moderate usage, not like 50 amps continously or nothin (like some guys that are running 3 or 4 big amplifiers :lol: )

well, i have around 250k KM on mine, i'm sure it's still the original alternater and it still works fine, even with having a stereo in it since around 135k KM

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Mine has 204k on it, and is the original one. All my previous Festys, with one exception, had the original alternators.
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I bought my '93 when it had about 170K miles on it. Recently I bought a replacement alternator from Hite Company for a FI Festiva (just to have as a backup) and when I compared it with the one in my '93, it was different! The Hite guy looked in the book and it was correct, and it turned out my "original" alternator was from an Aspire!

Not sure what that means. Could be original equipment or someone replaced mine at some point before I bought it.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

15 years or about 400,000 miles
          ~Jeff
          1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
          1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
          2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

I have never replaced one either. My first Festiva now has over 320,000 miles and I don't believe the new owner has replaced it.

Comment

i have two festivas for more than 5 years and both i have never replaced the alternators.

Comment

Working...
              X