Dash Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Removal

I need to get the dash switched from my parts car to my project car. I almost have the brown dash out of the project car, but I am having a hell of a time dealing with the heater controls. In every other car I have pulled a dash from the heater facia can be removed once the control knobs have been removed, but this one is not happening.
    The padding on the end of the heater controls will not come off and I dont want to break anything.

Anyone have any advice or procedure for dash removal they could help me out with?

-Reid
    Waiting to behold the power of Ra.

IMS Power Development
    Festivas:
    Project...BlackMagic

have you disconnected the three control cables? there one on ither side of the heater core and one on far right of the dash, behind the glove box. Once you disconnect those the controls will come out a few more inches and you can disconnect the two electrical connectors
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

No, thats what I wasnt sure about. On Hondas the knobs come off and then the facia so I never needed to disconnect the cables. I will try that and see where it gets me.

Thanks

-Reid

IMS Power Development
      Festivas:
      Project...BlackMagic

Comment

oh, the plastic face on the control panel? just remove the fan speed knob, then there should be 4 or so little tabs on the top an bottom. if you pop those off you should be able to peel off the face. there might be a little glue holding it on but it should come off easy. I peeled mine off just a couple days ago because it was cracked, and i got a new one at the j/y. Oh yea, you gotta take off the radio bezel if you havent done that because it overlaps.
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

Also, having a 10 mm brake line wrench makes life a lot easier when you remove the bolts by the windshield.

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Yeah, I had to pull the windshield on the project car already so those bolts were east to get. The one on the other car might not be so fun, but I have a set of wobblies and box wrenches I can try

IMS Power Development
            Festivas:
            Project...BlackMagic

Comment

Working...
            X