A/C swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C swap

Hi all. I have a festiva with a/c, but the rest of the car isn't wory fixing up and it's not everything I'm after. I'm looking for another one, but facing the fact that I may not fine what I'm after with a/c. Is it hard to swap that out of my old car into the new one I'm getting? I've never really dealt with that before and would appreciate any info I can get. Is this better left to the professionals?

i guess depending on your abilities, like anything it could be a breeze or a nightmare. transplanting the rad/condensor refridgeration lines and relays shouildn't be too difficult. i think there is a bracket, the compressor and idler pulley. not positive but i think the evaporator housing is seperate from the heater core/fan housing and possibly the ecu si different. the advantage u have is a complete a/c donor car that you can methodically remove the ac from and install into the good one. i wouldn't get rid of the junker until you've acquired the new recipient car. try to replace any o-rings and gaskets in the refridgerant lines as u proceed and the best advice would be to aquire a factory shop manual for the year festy you are working on.

Comment

If you look at the article forum under other articles there is a write up on A/C removal and another on installation.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

You couldn't ask for a more detailed answer than that. I looked at that article and it's all there for ya. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X