A/C crank pulleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C crank pulleys

I am asking this question for an other person. They are trying to take a a/c unit off of a 1993 festiva and put in on a 1990 festiva. Apparently the pulley off of the 1993 is flat but the one on the 1990 is a shallow soup bowl shaped. They were worried about belt alignment if they tried to use the flater pulley from the 1993. Are there any spacers to align the belts or has anyone dealt with this before? All my crank pulleys have been the shallow soup bowl type. Ive never encounter the flat one.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Does the "flat" one you are talking about have grooves and is a little wider?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^ Ill ask
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I have a 90 Festiva that needs the ac crank pulley...WHERE CAN I GET ONE???? ASAP!

rob
        865-463-2575
        914rrr@comcast.net

Comment

if i recalled the crankshaft on a 93 is different than in the other years and it might make a difference but i am not sure

Comment

My 93 doesn't have air, but I can absolutely tell you that the pulley and the crankshaft are different than other years. On my 93, I have to pull the crankshaft bolt and lower timing belt sprocket when I change the timing belt. I don't remember having to do that with earlier versions. They changed something with that part of the engine in 93, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised that the A/C pulley are different also.

Comment

Working...
            X