yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterday...

i drive my aspire with a friend and when i put the throttle down...tires made some heavy smoke...then transmission shif in second...more smoke!!! then transmission shift the third gear...wow...then BANG...no more fwd or reverse...the thansmission exploded :cry:

i NEED auto transmission parts NOW...i am in quebec canada...

yvanlavoie20@hotmail.com

http://www.fordfestiva.com/multimediaandfun/gallery/yvan/yvan's_bp_turbo_swap.htm

so that's #3?

Comment

your automatic smokes tires?
      wow thats a good auto transmission...
      well WAS a good transmission.

:lol:

Comment

He's one of those Ford employees.. he custom builds them..

Comment

tranny...

stock aspire one is desinged to handle 65 hp and 75 lb of tq...now my bp push around 300 hp and 240 lb of tq from 3200 rpm to 8000 rpm...a little bit to much for the littles parts inside tranny...lol
          clutches handle it with no real problem but the drive pinion of differential...not so lol and now the pump...with 50 psi more than stock the gears just exploded! it was very tuff because i ran it very hard and with big boys...lol when transmission shift the rpm stay between 6000 and 8000 rpm but speedo climb like a rocket and tires smokes like challenger!
          (ps: nothing beat auto trans on a turbo engine, power shift every gears every day and it is only my second tranny i exploded, not so bad)

Comment

job

i have a new job...and not for ford...lol better $$$ a lot better$$$ only 4 days a week and very $$$

Comment

Maybe this is a stupid question but why not swap in an automatic transmission from a bigger car? Maybe one from a 626?

Abe
              Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

place

booster1976, i have less than 2 mm of clearance on the crank pulley side and les than 1 mm on trans side...no more place to put a bigger transmission... :shock:

Comment

Re: place

Originally posted by yvanlavoie20
                  booster1976, i have less than 2 mm of clearance on the crank pulley side and les than 1 mm on trans side...no more place to put a bigger transmission... :shock:
                  Well get a hammer and fix it! :lol: Im sure you could get more room if you get a cutting tool and then reenforce with plate and welding. :roll:

Comment

You guys don't get it. Yvan just likes to work on transmissions! That's the main purpose of his BPT! It allows him to get his hands greasy more often. :lol:

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

lol

if you massage the frame...what about security if you crash...with a 300 hp engine...not so funny...i have seen many car crash and i want a frame who was designed to handle my life...not the powertrain...and my hands are dirty because i love to modify cars...like my little bm 325 (i am putting a ford 2.3 turbo inside :twisted: )

Comment

Working...
                      X