Aspire rear bumper removal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire rear bumper removal????

This question is not for me but for a freind who just bought a aspire and needs to replace the rear bumper for saftey.....he can't seem to be able to get it off..... I know how to take off a festy bumper.....but have never wrenched on a aspire.....can anyone help me/him????

Thanks!
    Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

There are three bolts on each side holding the bumper support. Two you get to through removing the guards in the back. The other you have to access from underneath. The plastic is attached via screws around the wheel wells.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Ok I guess I have to change the question a little.....turns out he got the plactic outer cover off.... but the metal inner "bumper" the peice that is under the plactic, is what my freind can't get off.....is it like the festiva and you have to remove/loosen bolts under the hatch on the inside of the car???????

Thanks!
      Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

seems to be just like ericsmith said. take the plastic side panels off each side in the luggage compartment. you should see 2 nuts on ea side. take them off. then you have to get under the car. there should be one nut on ea side right about below where the ones in the luggage compartment were. take those off and the bumper bar should be able to be pulled out/off. be careful it doesn't just fall off onto you

Comment

Working...
        X