rear spring/strut assembly Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spring/strut assembly Q

does the rear spring/strut assembly have an upper spring perch cause i dont see one on the right side of mine.
    Jason
    wishing i had a festi again

no, once you remove the upper nut, the spring will fall out. unload the suspention and undo the loewr mount bolts, then undo the upper nut w/ an air gun and the shock and spring will drop out.

DO NOT TRY THIS WITH THE REAR SUSPENTION LOADED, DAMAGE/INJURY MAY RESULT.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

the spring perch is built into the tower, look up in there and you see the spring seat stamped in. Maybe my springs
      were worse than I thought, cause when I jacked it up and unbolted the top there was almost ZERO compression on the
      spring. I held the shock up with one hand and took out the bottom bolt with a wrench. There was no launching strut
      parts at all (unlike the fronts) and it was nice and easy. - Chris
      Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
      - Dennis Grant
      FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

yeah, an don't get shot by the spring either, there is still some tension on it even with the suspension unloaded :!: best to compress the springs with one of the those clamp style compressors if at all possible (you can usually rent them from AZ)... not essential (i've done it without one before and lived to tell about it) but it is the safest way
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

this is what it looks like atm from the inside

told you it was bad.
          Jason
          wishing i had a festi again

Comment

Working...
          X