VAF Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAF Wire

Dose anyone know where the wire runs from the VAF? Is it hardwired into the harness? Someone wants me to get one from the j/y but they say it cant be cut, dose it plug into the harness somewhere?
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

It runs directly into the harness that goes across the header panel, and over the radiator. I don't know that it can be unplugged. The only way to find out is to find a junk Festy, pull the harness out from under the header panel, and unwrap it.

Comment

When i relocated mine, i didn't cut the loom back that far. There's 7 wires in the vaf harness, but only one is shielded.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

It's the fattest of the wires....i'd amagine that, that one goes dirrectly to the ECM

Comment

ECM... is that the same thing as the ECU? Because i looked under my dash and didnt see any large wires going into the computer
          RIP 90LX

Comment

ECM- engine control module
            ECU- engine control unit

Yeah same thing.....check the pinout in the back of the chiltons manual...maybe it switches color later down the harness line

Comment

7 wires, 3 Black all run straight to ground, Gray/Black, Gray, and Grn/Blk run to the ECU and
              Grn/Red runs to the fuel pump relay. Its all pretty well entangled unto itself, you may be able
              to get 6" - 1ft of wire by cutting where the VAF harness joins the main harness but getting all
              the wires complete would require unwrapping the entire engine harness and some of the under
              dash part then you would still have to cut it from the ECU plug. Trust me when I say it is not
              fun. Good luck - Chris
              Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
              - Dennis Grant
              FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

wait, so there just normal wires? the person who wants the cable says its a coax cable?
                RIP 90LX

Comment

My 90 L-PLUS uses regular 14-16 gauge wire. I believe the solid grey wire is the shielded one but not totally sure.
                  Unplug from the air meter and cut where it joins the rest of the harness (by radiator and RF headlight) you should
                  get all 7 wires in the section you cut. I never seen coax (tv cable) used in anything but AV on a car. - Chris
                  Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
                  - Dennis Grant
                  FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Coax? Tell him to put down the crack pipe and join the rest of us in the real world.

Comment

I think he's referring to coax "type" wire...but coax has a solid inner core wire.

Comment

Working...
                      X