Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok one more question in regards to WIRRING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok one more question in regards to WIRRING!

ok so i decided my project this weekend will be to get my radio all wired up. it seems as though the front speaker wirring is bad so i figured i might as well just rewire everything from scratch. so i bought a 12 pin conector from radio shack i want to have 6 speakers 2 in front 2 in the door and 2 in the hatch. question number one ok for future refrence i figured well im wirring i will leave a positive lead for my gauges the question is there a dimmer wire? if so which one? i want the gauge lights to come on with the head lights. also will 4 gauges put to much load on that circuit? last time i wired a festi i think it was 4 wires constant power,key on power,ground and antena. next question has anyone put speakers in the door? whats the best way to go about this i can see where to run the wire but what do you cut the panel with and whats the best way to cut it in the right spot? what size speaker fits?

thanks all

The dimmer wire should be the red w. green stripe. You may end up using a 5 amp stronger fuse to help with those gauge lights, but I wouldn't go much higher than that. It'd put a strain on the circuit.

Comment

The cutout for the door speakers is behind the door panel,looks like a 6"inch hole
      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
      99 Dodge Caravan SE
      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

i still havent touched the car thanks for the info i have some 5 1/2 speakers im going to put in the door i just havent figured out the best way to cut the hole. the dimmer wire will only turn on with the head light switch right?
        thansk

Comment

Dimmer, headlight switch, yup.

Comment

Working...
          X